Friend Referral Program!
For each friend you refer to our studio (and they register) you will receive one month free for your class. We will stop accepting registrations in January so refer as many friends as you can to receive your credits! AND...when you refer 10 friends (and they register) you will receive your tuition for for the year free!!**
**Credit and free tuition will be off of one class per week. Multiple class students will get credit off of one class. Credits will be applied to accounts no cash redemption.
Important Studio Information
Sept 9, 2019 – June 13, 2020
~ All communication is sent via email (please keep a current address on file in the office), posted on our web site and on Facebook.
~ The school year will consist of 36 weeks of classes held over a ten-month period.
~ A student may join at any time if there is space available.
~ Students who join after January 1 will be inelligable to participate in the year end recital.
~The studio will be closed for major holidays and school vacations – please see our monthly calendar.
~ There will be a Summer Program offered from July – August
Refunds Policy for Early Withdrawl (regular classes)
~ Registration Fees are non-refundable.
~ We require a 30-day written withdrawal notice for your dancer to be un-enrolled. Please email email@example.com to submit your request.
~ If your request is received after the 15th of the month, you will be responsible for the following month’s tuition. Tuition rates are non-refundable after payment is drafted on the 1st .
~ Withdrawal after December 1st is subject to a $75.00 fee.
~ It is the parent’s responsibility to follow up with the studio to confirm receipt of withdrawal notification.
~ Credit will not be given for missed classes due to illness, snow days, or personal commitments. You are welcome to make-up any class missed.
~ Norwalk Academy of Dance reserves the right to cancel any class with insufficient registration and a full refund will be given.
Payments and Balances
~ All fees are for one academic year and are non-refundable.
~ Payment plans are available.
~ Payments may be made by choosing: auto pay, over the phone, at the office, or by mail.
~ When making payment by check, please include the dancer’s first and last name(s) in the memo of your check, so we may credit the proper account.
~ There is a $35.00 fee for all returned or reversed check or credit card payments.
~ Late fees of $15 /month will be assessed on any past due accounts on a monthly basis. ~ Any student who has an account with an overdue balance of more than 90 days may not be allowed in class until payment in full is received or payment arrangements have been made.
~ If for any reason you decide to discontinue classes, you are not obligated to pay for the balance of the school year, however you will be responsible for any balance due. Missed Classes
~ Students may make up any class missed in any appropriate class of their choice at any time within the school year. Please call the office to schedule make-up classes.
~ Credit will not be given for missed classes due to illness, snow days, or personal vacations.
Please note the following guidelines regarding all classes
1. We require that students carefully observe our dress code as outlined in our dress code section.
2. Any student arriving more than 15 minutes late will be asked to observe the class. This is for the safety of the dancer, as students arriving after the first 15 minutes of class will have missed crucial warm-ups and stretching that will prevent injury and prepare their bodies for dance. For your safety and to receive full benefit from your class, please arrange for a make-up class if you expect to be very late.
3. All students are encouraged not to leave the room once class has begun. Please allow for appropriate restroom use prior to class. Very young children will be treated sensitively as the need arises. Preschool children may need a parent’s attention from time to time for various reasons including bathroom or behavior issues. Please do not leave the waiting room when very young children are in class without informing the office or having another parent responsible during your absence. We make every effort to have all children feel safe and cared for in a loving and inspiring learning environment.
4. School age children and teens: please practice respect. Students are not to be socializing in a disruptive manner during the class with other students. Please come early or stay late to enjoy friends in the waiting area. Please honor your teacher and fellow students by giving full attention and co-operation. You will be advised if we feel any student is not well adjusted to the classroom environment for any reason over time.
5. During class if a student complains of being ill, or sustains an injury and cannot participate, the instructor will send them to the office were the parents will be notified if not on the premises.
6. Only students with a pre-existing sickness/injury are allowed to observe class. The parents must notify the office if a student is to observe class.
7. Attendance is an essential part of our program. Students are allowed up to six (6) absences per class. However if two (2) or more absences are after May 1st, the teacher has the right to withdraw or change the placement of the student in the recital dance. Students are encouraged to make up all missed classes. Please arrange a make-up class at a time that is convenient for them. No credit will be given for missed classes.
8. Out of town guests may request to visit at any time throughout the year. Please make arrangements with the front office.
9. We have a closed door policy for all classes. Please respect this policy as we strive to provide a distraction free learning environment for our students. Teachers may, at their own discretion, open the doors or curtains during the last five minutes of class for parent viewing. Dance class is educational and fun, however, an important part of class work is developing an attitude of discipline and respect for teachers and fellow students. We trust that following our classroom etiquette will provide an environment whereby classes at Norwalk Academy of Dance will be a pleasure for all concerned.
In the case of inclement weather, please call the studio (203-857-4445). We will have a recorded message that will announce studio closing information. We will also try and post this information on our home page at www.norwalkdance.com. No other method of communication will be used. We will hold classes except under exceptionally dangerous driving conditions. When there is a delayed school opening, all evening classes will be held. If schools are closed or release early due to weather, the studio will beclosed. Use your own discretion regarding attendance if the driving is difficult from your area.
If Norwalk Academy of Dance cancels a class due to weather, students may arrange a make-up class at a time that is convenient for them. No credit will be given for missed classes.